Women Empowering Women
THE ANNUAL HERS-EA ACADEMY
Leadership and Management Program
HERS-EA ACADEMY 2019
Higher Education Resource Services, East Africa (HERS-EA) ACADEMY provides an intensive leadership and management development curriculum which equips women with skills needed to advance their personal career development and successfully navigate the institutional environment where they operate. The goal of the HERS-EA training is to raise the proportion of women in
leadership and management positions in Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in Eastern Africa (Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Rwanda, and Uganda ).
The program is focused on managing and leading change, human resource development and institutional effectiveness. The ACADEMY prepares every participant to strengthen and expand her leadership skills by working closely with HERS-EA resource persons and staff. Participants will find the ACADEMY to be a safe environment to share confidential matters.
Following two previous successful Academies, The Third HERS-EA ACADEMY will be offered in a one-week residential format in Kampala, Uganda (July 1-6, 2019), we hope you can be part
of the success story.
HERS-EA expects many diverse and dynamic women leaders to attend the ACADEMY, to share and learn from multiple institutional perspectives with guidance from women with a wealth of experience in higher education, national academic organizations, government and nongovernmental organizations. Participants are expected hold mid to senior-level positions and bring expertise from all parts of a college or university. They also represent a range of national groups, ages and years of experience in higher education and other fields.
A complete application includes:
- A self-descriptive letter (not > 500 words) to include:
- Current Title (e.g. Associate Professor of Economics; Deputy Dean, e. t. c.)
- Name and Contact Information for 2 Recommenders (e.g. Vice Chancellor, Head of Department, Chief Officer in your area, and/or direct supervisor)
- Short- and long-term career goals
- Your expectations for the HERS-EA ACADEMY
- Passport size photograph
- An institutional developmental Project you have been assigned or you would like to initiate on your campus (maximum 500 words)
- Tuition: Under Review; available, 1st November, 2019
How to Apply
Click on the opposite button to download and fill the registration form. After filling in the required information, kindly return to our offices not later than Thursday, 28th February, 2010.
If you have any further questions, please email: email@example.com or call the HERS-EA Administrator on: +256 (0)772082011 for further updates.